Brighton Osteopathic will at all times endeavor to act in the best interests of our clients, and we are committed to ensuring the safety and privacy of all information held within our company.
The provision of personal information assists Brighton Osteopathic to deliver a more personalised service to you, and it is for this primary reason that we make information related requests.
2. Collection of Information
- A user’s name and contact details (including postal address, telephone, fax & mobile numbers, and email addresses);
- A user’s birthday;
- Credit Card or bank account details of users wishing to pay their account via credit card or direct debit; and
- Other details relating to the person, company or organization.
Brighton Osteopathic collects information from users when information is:
- Entered by users online via our website;
- Faxed or emailed to our offices;
- Sent via conventional post; and
- Collected over the telephone.
Brighton Osteopathic is the sole user of the information collected from our clients; and
We do not use, share, sell or rent this information in any way.
3. Links & Cookies
We use Google Analytics which places cookies on a browser across the website. These cookies help us increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by third parties. We use Google and Bing Webmasters, data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. This data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to:
- Track activity on https://brighton-osteo.com.au/. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of https://brighton-osteo.com.au/, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience less efficient and some features may not function properly.
4. Purpose of Collection and Sensitive Information
Brighton Osteopathic collects information from users in order to provide a quality health and wellbeing service, and to perform related administrative and billing support.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes connected with our business operations, which include to:
- verify your identity;
- facilitate provision of our products and services to you;
- address or respond to any requests from you;
- inform you of existing and proposed products and services which we provide;
- develop and improve the quality and scope of the products and services we provide, and seek your feedback;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- undertake administrative activities, planning, product or service development, quality control and research, including by us and our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- update our records and keep your contact details up to date; and
- comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would reasonably be expected by you.
We will not use your information for purposes other than those described above unless we have your consent or as permitted by law (including for law enforcement or public health and safety reasons).
Brighton Osteopathic does not collect sensitive information from users such as information relating to a person’s race, religion, beliefs or sexual preferences, and any attempt by Brighton Osteopathic or its agents to collect such information should be reported to Brighton Osteopathic’s Privacy Officer immediately (contact details appear in Section 11 below).
5. Message Content & Third Party Information
Brighton Osteopathic also stores the content of the messages sent by all users. Brighton Osteopathic does this in order to be able to answer your queries, troubleshoot issues and ensure compliance with your contract and relevant laws. This information is treated as strictly confidential and is not accessible by users, or by Brighton Osteopathic staff members without the prior consent of the manager of the Brighton Osteopathic account.
Furthermore, any information owned by users that is stored within Brighton Osteopathic infrastructure, including users, customer or staff databases, is also treated as strictly confidential and is not accessible by users, or by Brighton Osteopathic staff members without the prior consent of the administrator of the Brighton Osteopathic account.
6. Use and Disclosure
Brighton Osteopathic treats information collected from users as strictly confidential. However, information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where the user has consented to disclosure;
- Where Brighton Osteopathic is permitted or required by law to disclose, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so;
- Where the disclosure is to a law enforcement agency, government agency, court or external adviser and Brighton Osteopathic is permitted or required by law to do so;
We also may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to;
- others in accordance with a request made by you;
- our related companies and business partners; and
- persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, technology and corporate services, when reasonably required (including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants).
- When making such a disclosure we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by privacy obligations.
We will not disclose your sensitive information for any purpose, other than the purpose for which it was collected unless you otherwise consent.
7. Security of User Information
Brighton Osteopathic takes all reasonable steps to protect user information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Brighton Osteopathic’s websites and internal information management systems are designed with the aim of preventing user information from being disclosed by any unauthorised means. Brighton Osteopathic employs Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology on our site which further protects your private data. However, Brighton Osteopathic users should note that the inherent nature of the Internet is such that the security of information cannot be guaranteed 100%.
Where Brighton Osteopathic no longer needs your information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that information.
8. Access and Correction of User Information
Brighton Osteopathic will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up to date. Users have the right to access information held by Brighton Osteopathic that directly concerns the user. If this information is not accurate, complete and up to date, users may make a request to modify information. To make such a request, please contact Brighton Osteopathic at firstname.lastname@example.org. Generally, Brighton Osteopathic will not charge a fee for providing access to users, however, we reserve our right to charge a reasonable fee if our compliance with the request unreasonably consumes the resources of Brighton Osteopathic. In addition, we may refuse access to information in some circumstances in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
10. Complaints or Questions
If you would like to access or correct your information please contact our Support team at:
339 New Street
Brighton VIC 3186
PHONE: 03 9596 4444
We will try to resolve issues as quickly as possible by responding to you by email, telephone or postal request. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au/